Thank you for your referral!
When sending patients to us, please complete our Referral Form and instruct your patient to bring it with them to their appointment at our office.
You can also print a copy of the referral form.
If you refer a patient for IV anesthesia, please instruct them as follows:
- DO NOT drink or eat anything for at least eight hours before your appointment.
- Please have an adult over the age of 18 plan to drive you home.
- Please wear loose-cuffed pants and a t-shirt.
- If you develop a cold, fever, or a sore throat before your scheduled appointment, please call the office
- Please call the office if you take any medications at home.
About Dr. Suzin Um
Dr. Suzin Um is a board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is a Diplomate of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
She attended Smith College in Massachusetts where she was elected as a Fellow of the Sigma Xi Society. She also received the Mellon Mays Fellowship for research in bacteriology.
Dr. Um received her Doctor of Dental Surgery from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry. During dental school, she became fascinated with oral and maxillofacial surgery and decided to pursue her training to become a specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
She completed her postgraduate residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine where she received intensive training in the areas of maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction, orthognathic (corrective jaw) surgery, head and neck pathology, anesthesia (sedation), dentoalveolar and implant surgery. During her residency, Dr. Um served as a chief resident at Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Jersey City Medical Center, and Montefiore Hospital.
After completing her residency, Dr. Um was in private practice in San Francisco. She was part of California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) and was a faculty at the University of Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
Dr. Um believes that patient safety comes first. She believes in treating patients like her own family. Dr. Um enjoys practicing with the latest technology to achieve the best results for her patients. She believes in individualized care that is tailored to each patient.
- Board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Diplomate of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Board Certified - Dental Anesthesiology
- General Anesthesia Permit (Dental Board of CA)
- Orange County Dental Society
- California Dental Association
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology