Your First Visit
Typically, you will be referred to us by your dentist or specialist, and your first visit is with us is a consultation. For your convenience, you can use our Online Scheduling Form, or, if you can't find a time that works for your schedule, please call us at (949) 203-3177, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Completing paperwork as part of your first visit is essential for any surgical procedure. We need to understand your current dental and medical condition to ensure your complete comfort and safety. Please bring:
- Referral form from your dentist
- Dental and medical insurance cards
- List of current medications
- List of medical conditions
Before your consultation, we will tell you which additional forms you need to fill out for your particular procedure. For your convenience, you can complete and submit the required paperwork directly online.
Please let us know if you have existing x-rays so we can contact your general dentist or referring doctor and have them forwarded to our office before your appointment. During your consultation, we will let you know if any additional x-rays are needed for diagnosis and treatment planning.
We Know Your Time Is Valuable
At Lake Forest Oral Surgery, our commitment to you is to provide the highest quality of care in a timely and efficient and manner, and our team will do our best to accommodate you.
We recommend a morning appointment if you choose to be sedated for your procedure because your stomach needs to be empty for at least eight hours beforehand.
- Dr. Um makes it a point to be timely, so please be on time so you can get the most out of your appointment.
- Emergencies can be painful, so we will do our best to see you the same day.
- Please notify us 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment.
- We appreciate your understanding that we handle emergencies and schedules can change.
Treatment and Financial Review
As part of your initial consultation, our Treatment Coordinator will review your treatment plan and discuss how your insurance applies or help you make other financial arrangements.